Monday, March 19, 2012

newsweek goes oldschool


With the season premiere of Mad Men less than a week away, Newsweek decided to help pre-heat the ol' vintage oven by providing us with an issue chock-full of modern day ads bursting with that retro flavor that you can't help but enjoy.

The only thing Mad Men-related I enjoy more is a collection of Mad Men subway posters that have been vandalized. Nice.

I can't say that I watch Mad Men, or drink scotch for that matter. I can say however that I am in agreement with Jon Hamm's recent comments about the scam artist named Kimberly Kardashian, as well as his assessment of America as a celebrity-obsessed culture. And I did check the goooogle to see what all the hubbub was about Christina Hendricks' leaked cell phone photos. And I do in fact have a theory that she and Scarlett Johannson send pictures to each other on their cellular devices whenever they have more than two glasses of wine in their systems.

I can't say that I read Newsweek either, it's simply not how I roll. I'm more of a Time man. Plus Newsweek has never made Oprah's Magazine Club.

I did enjoy this potpourri of vintage ads however, and I respect and admire all the planning that must have gone into making this unique promotion happen. Props to today's classy crassy Mad Men and their diligent secretaries who temporarily put all affairs aside to bring a bit of the past back into the present.

To see the full collection of ads click on this here -> link <-
To see Christina Hendricks' leaked cell phone photos click on this -> one <-


No comments:

Post a Comment